A few years ago I decided to give culinary school a shot. I attended “The Art Institute of Tampa”, I enjoyed the culinary program but ultimately decided that a career in the food industry just wasn’t for me. Just this week I decided I would combine the Chef in me with the Photographer. I will be cooking meals, sharing photos of the process and the finished meal. So here we go, the first meal I will be sharing with you guys is my first attempt at “Shrimp Risotto”.
- 5 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (Pinot Grigio)
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
All photos are straight from my iPhone 6 Plus, finished product photo was touched up in Lightroom.
[gallery_bank type=”images” format=”thumbnail” title=”true” desc=”true” responsive=”true” animation_effect=”bounce” album_title=”true” album_id=”6″]